There are many shortcuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them. (Vicky Baum)

Saturday, May 15, 2010

My BALL gown (2)

Okay, so finally I decided to start with the red skirt.

The general work had been easier than I thought, though some detailed work proved to be more challenging than my previous assumption.  But for an unskilled craftperson and seamstress (gosh... is that word still even in use?), spending one and half day to transform a skirt to a spaghetti-strap dress, complete with bejewelled straps, earrings, necklace (literally... a lace for the neck), and a set of ring-bracelet (called panja or slave-bracelet.... ugh, I definitely prefer to call it panja...) is not a bad job ;)

My camera is not doing an excellent job in capturing the differences in textures and layers of the original skirt, and then, also the new addition, so I will have to work on that before posting any pictures.

Husband said the whole set looks like a full costume instead of a gown, LOL.  Well, maybe costume is tackier than any tacky dress ;p and highly personalized, too.


PS:  the ladies are going shopping this afternoon for THEIR ball gowns :( while I am sitting on my major German test.... T_T  not too excited about that, nope.

No comments: