There are many shortcuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them. (Vicky Baum)

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

European Samba ??

Last night I went solo to the weekly ballroom dancing session, and we learnt a bit of the Tango Promenade (this time it's everywhere all over Youtube), and European Samba.

Come again? Yup, european samba.  The european samba is the one in which you dance with a partner.  Found some videos on Youtube, but as usual, I am in a kind of a hurry.  So, links will be on next posting(s).

Oh, and there will be a BALL in July, and all the ladies are planning to go shopping next Sunday.  But I will be having my BIG German test then :((  But I have some ideas already, and I am planning to work on some existing dress and skirt, and make some adjustment and accessories to go with the theme "the tackier, the better" LOL.

PS: The clue is "Wear something you would never wear again."  The problems are, (1) I feel conflicted on spending money on things I would only wear once, especially since nothing is THAT cheap, and going secondhand ~ ehemm... I mean pre-loved~  is not a real option around here. Not to mention all the waste involved in doing it. (2) I would have to live with the photos of that night, so I don't really feel like going all the way tacky-tacky.... will have to find a way to look tacky-cutey...LOL.

No comments: