There are many shortcuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them. (Vicky Baum)

Sunday, May 30, 2010

About the dress....

I know... I know... we ladies are so vain..... But a lady has to use all the opportunities presented to her to shine, especially when they don't come by so often.


I guess that is what will happen to the fate of THE Ball. From the initial idea of a 'tacky' dress up, it has now spun to 'deadly serious ball outfit'.  Give it to the Germans not to make fun of a serious business, such as ballroom dance.  I am kind of happy that I didn't really go all the way tacky, but I think my dress is passable, if not seriously 'BALLy'.  Though I have to admit that since now it is becoming apparent that everybody opt for seriously gorgeous dresses, I've been thinking on whether it is a good chance to stock up on a dress that will be presentable for a summer Yemeni wedding party as well, since there will absolutely zero opportunity to wear these things outside of these occasions...  But then again, what will happen to my cute little ball gown?


I know I am not having the right frame of mind to be a ballroom dancer, but I have the feeling that all this dressing up issues will be even trickier ~ and sadly more important ~ than mastering Viennese waltz footwork, or learning new dances such as foxtrot or quick step.


But hey, all is fun as long as I get to dance, in the end :)  Bravo to the people who come up with the idea!

No comments: