There are many shortcuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them. (Vicky Baum)

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My BALL gown (1)

Okay, so it is confirmed, next Sunday will be the first day of my BIG test, so shopping with the ladies will be out of the question.  In any case, I have in my possession a short flamenco-like dress, super short in front and long at the back, black with white glitters... and a long skirt, red satin-like inside, with a black net layer on top (long enough to wear as a strapless gown..by the way...).

Paid a visit to a local haberdasher (don't know what it is? neither did I, until a couple of months ago... LOL...) yesterday, and spent 1970 YR (err... that's around 100,000 Rupiahs and US$10...for the reference), and came home with:
  • 2m of flower lace
  • 2m of black net fabric
  • 15 pcs of plastic red rhinestone
  • 15 pcs of plastic white rhineston
  • 6 pcs of glitter red rhinestone
  • 6 pcs of glitter white rhinestone
  • 1 m black organza ribbon
  • 1 m red organza ribbon
  • 6 necklace clasps
  • 6 pairs of earrings hooks
  • 1 pair of earring clasps
  • 1 roll of sewing thread
Not a bad gain, eh? The master plan is to work mainly with the red skirt and transform it into a dress with shoulder straps adorned with rhinestones, and come up with matching necklace and earrings... while simultaneously working to add length to the 'flamenco' dress, and see which one works best for the ball.... ;p

I think my husband will still be trying to drag me to a shop to get something 'decent'..but then can't wait to drag me out of it again for fear of suffocation... ;p  I am still a bit self conscious to post the pics, but if it works, I will definitely show it off.... hahaha...

Ciao for now.

2 comments:

sesy said...

another crazy idea. B must be gregetan to take you go on shoping. hehehehe

teresa said...

actually...he's kind of enjoying the process, hehehe... (I secretly believe that he's happy enough not to be trapped in those shopes... LOL)