There are many shortcuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them. (Vicky Baum)

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May 2, Happy Birthday, Matt!

Happy Birthday, Matt!

Matt had been one of my salsa teachers back in Ann Arbor, and the name of the blog came from one of our instructor training sessions, in which he shouted "Red Ruby Slippers!!" the moment I put on a pair of red dancing shoes, LOL.

Of course, clicking the heels of the shoes three times did not bring me home, or Kansas - come to think of it, but the shoes did accompany me on some of my most memorable Rueda shows/demonstrations with MSalsa (they were the only shoes in which I could make fast spins.... very important when you dance with really good leads with really fast songs....).

Anyway, birthday wishes sent to my most strict salsa teacher, Matt Jacobson.  It was an honor to learn with you, Sir.  And hope you had a blast on your birthday.

No comments: